What is Spinal Decompression?
Non-surgical spinal decompression is a motorized traction that can help relieve back pain. It gently stretches the spine which causes the spine to change position. This position change takes pressure off the spinal disks, which are gel-like cushions between the bones in your spine, by creating negative pressure in the disc. As a result, bulging or herniated disks may retract, taking pressure off nerves and other structures in your spine. Spinal decompression helps promote movement of water, oxygen, and nutrient-rich fluids into the spinal disks so they can heal.
Spinal decompression can be beneficial treatment for:
- Back or neck pain
- Sciatica pain
- Bulging or herniated disks
- Degenerative Disc Disease
- Worn spinal joints
- Injured or diseased spinal nerves
What to expect during spinal decompression treatment:
You will be fit with a harness that will be placed around your pelvis. You will lie down on a computer controlled table, which the doctor operates according to your needs. Treatments typically last 10-15 minutes and may be coupled with other treatments such as chiropractic adjustments, e-stimulation, and other therapies.
This traction and decompression therapy are applied with the goals of relieving your pain and promoting an optimal healing environment for bulging, degenerating, or herniated discs. If you are experiencing back pain or extremity specific pain, non-surgical spinal decompression may be a beneficial treatment for you.
5 Reasons Our Patients Love Decompression
- No scary restraints or belts: Unlike yesterday’s treatment solutions, Our machine offers therapy without all those cumbersome restraints and belts.
- Lasting relief because ALL the important areas are targeted: Therapy is delivered through gentle stretching of the spine, joints, and a wide range of important muscles, including those in the back, neck, hips, and thighs.
- It’s non-invasive and it works: Any time an effective solution can be found for chronic back pain, we adopt them and add them to our clinic protocols!
- It doesn’t just work – it feels great: Our patients start out seated and are gently leaned back with benefits of vibration and heat, which puts them in a relaxed state of mind and body!